Preparation Time: Approximately 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approximately 10 Minutes
Ready in: 25 Minutes
Servings: – 4
- Crushed packaged ramen noodle pasta – 1 or 3 ounces.
- Melted butter – 2 table spoons.
- Sunflower seeds – ½ cup.
- Pipe nuts – ½ cup.
- Shredded bok choy – 3 cups.
- Thinly sliced green onions – 5.
- Cooked and diced chicken breast meat – 1 cup.
- 5 ounce can of drained water chestnuts – 1.
- Now peas – 12 pods.
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup.
- Rice wine vinegar – ¼ cup.
- Soy sauce – 1 tables spoon.
- White sugar – ¼ cup.
- Lemon juice – 1 table spoon.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a large sized bowl. Mix in this, the pine nuts, sunflower seeds and the noodles with melted butter till all of them get evenly coated. Spread this mixture on a baking sheet in the form of a very thin layer.
- Bake this mixture in the oven for at least 7 to 11 minutes. Stir occasionally till it is evenly roasted. Remove the mixture from the heat and cool it slightly.
- In a second large sized bowl toss together the bok choy, water chestnuts, green onions, snow peas, chicken and the noodle mixture.
- The dressing should be prepared by blending the lemon juice, soy sauce, oil sugar and vinegar. Pour this dressing all over the salad and toss it up to evenly coat.
- This salad can be served immediately after it has been prepared and can also be refrigerated until extremely chilled.