Preparation Time: Approximately 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approximately 20 Minutes
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Servings: – 6
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons.
- Soy sauce – 2 teaspoons.
- Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon. (this is optional)
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup.
- Rice vinegar – 3 tablespoons.
- Packaged dry rice noodles (8 ounce package) – 1.
- Iceberg lettuce- rinsed, well dried and nicely chopped – 1 head.
- Chicken breast halves, boneless, shredded and cooked – 4.
- Chopped green onions – 3.
- Toasted sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon.
- The dressing needs to be prepared at least 30 minutes before by combining the soy sauce, salad oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar and brown sugar in a large salad dressing carafe.
- For the preparation of the Chinese rice noodles, heat a skillet with some tablespoons of oil. Break off small parts of the noodles. Add these parts to the skillet and fry. The noodles will puff when you pour them into the skillet, so add a very less quantity of noodles at one time.
- Once the noodles begin to puff up, remove them from the skillet and drain them on paper towels or napkins.
- Make sure that the noodles are well cooked as generally under cooked noodles taste like eating needles and not “noodles”. Once the noodles are properly cooked add them to the salad mixture.
- Take a large bowl and combine the toasted sesame seeds, iceberg lettuce, green onions and the cooked and shredded chicken. Let this mixture chill for at least 10 minutes or more. Just before serving add these to the cooked rice noodles.
- Serve this in large sized salad bowls and make sure to offer the dressing in pourable containers allowing your family to relish large amounts of dressing. You can enjoy also!