A fruity chicken salad can be made with several different variations of fruit. You can also try making use of currants instead of the raisins.
Preparation Time: Approximately 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Ready in: 9 Hours and 30 Minutes
Servings: – 6
- Fryer chicken weighing 2 and a half pounds or equivalent pieces – 1.
- Creamy salad dressing (like Miracle Whip) – ½ cup.
- White sugar – 2 tablespoons.
- Raisins – ¼ cup.
- Peeled and diced, ripe mango – 1 (optional).
- Pour the chicken into a large sized pot which has enough water to cover the chicken. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium level.
- Allow the chicken to simmer for about 1 hour or until the bones are no longer pink and all the juices run clear.
- Insert an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the high, very near the bones. The temperature here, should read 180 degrees F or 82 degrees C.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a cutting board. Remove and shred the meat from the chicken with the help of a pair of forks. Throw away any of the remains.
- Take a plate and place the shredded chicken on it, in a single layer. Allow the chicken to cool off completely in the refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Stir together the sugar and the salad dressing in a large sized bowl. Next, stir the raisins and the chicken into the salad dressing.
- Add the mango and gently fold it into the salad mixture. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.