Preparation Time: Approximately 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approximately 30 Minutes
Ready in: 2 Hours
Servings: – 6
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – 4.
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon pepper – 2 teaspoons.
- Thickly sliced Vidalia onions – 2.
- Chopped, large sized mushroom caps – 4.
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup.
- Hot sauce to taste.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- In a large resealable bag, place the chicken breast halves with the lemon pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Shake well to coat. Marinate this mixture in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill at high heat.
- Oil the grill gate very lightly. Place the mushrooms and the Vidalia onions on the grill. Cook them lightly till they get charred on both sides lightly. Keep aside. Now, place the chicken onto the grill and discard the marinade. Cook for approximately 15 minutes. Turn once or till all the juices run clear. Remove the chicken from the heat and allow cooling. Chop into pieces.
- Take a large bowl. In this, mix thoroughly the chicken, mushrooms and the mayonnaise. Season the salad with salt and pepper and hot sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate till the salad has to be served.