Preparation Time: Approximately 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approximately 8-10 Minutes
Ready in: 53 Minutes
Servings: – 6
- Peeled ginger, fresh and finely chopped – 1 teaspoon.
- Rice vinegar – 1/3 cup.
- Orange juice – ¼ cup.
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup.
- Sesame oil, toasted – 1 teaspoon.
- Dry onion soup mix – 1 package of 1 ounce.
- White sugar – 2 teaspoons.
- Garlic clove, presses – 1.
- Farfallel or bow tie pasta – 1 package of 8 ounce.
- Scored cucumber, seeded, sliced and halved in length.
- Red bell pepper, diced – ½ a cup.
- Red onions, coarsely chopped – ½ a cup.
- Roma tomatoes, diced – 2.
- Shredded carrot – 1.
- Fresh spinach – 1 bag of 6 ounces.
- Mandarin orange segments well drained – 1 can of 11 ounces.
- Cooked and diced chicken – 2 cups.
- Toasted and sliced almonds – ½ a cup.
- For the dressing, whisk together the rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, soup mix, orange juice, sugar, vegetable oil and the ginger root until all these contents have blended well. Cover this dressing with a sheet and refrigerate until needed.
- Take a large pot, pour slightly salted water into it and bring it to boil. Add the bowtie pasta to this water and allow cooking for a minimum of 8 to 12 minutes. Drain and rinse the pasta under very cold water. Place the pasta in a large sized bowl.
- To prepare the salad, toss the bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, mandarin oranges, almonds, carrot and the chicken with the pasta. Pour the dressing all over the salad mixture and keep tossing it till evenly coated. Serve the salad immediately.