|Ingredients for the salad
- Boneless and skinless, half chicken breast – 1.
- Medium sized egg – 1.
- Milk – ½ cup.
- Flour – 1/2 cup.
- Crumbs of corn flake – ½ cup.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon.
- Pepper – ¼ teaspoon.
- Oil which will be used for frying.
- Chopped romaine lettuce – 3 cups.
- Red cabbage – 1 cup.
- Napa cabbage – 1 cup.
- Shredded or julienned carrot – Half.
- Chopped green onion – 1.
- Sliced almonds – 1 tablespoon.
- Chowmein noodles – 1/3 cup.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all of its ingredients in a small sized bowl. After preparing the salad, refrigerate.
- Take the chicken breast and slice it into 5 neat strips. Beat the egg along with the milk in one bowl. In the second bowl, mix the flour salt, pepper and corn flake crumbs.
- Over medium heat, preheat the oil. Dip each of the individual chicken pieces in the egg mixture and roll them in the flour mixture after that. Next, fry the chicken pieces till they turn a nice shade of brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped red cabbage, carrots, chopped romaine lettuce and the Napa cabbage. For a nice effect, sprinkle some of the sliced green onions on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle the almonds all over the salad and then some chowmein noodles too.
- Cut the chicken in very small chunks. Form a pile in the middle of the salad by placing all the chicken pieces onto the salad. Serve this with a salad dressing on the side.