This is a wonderful salad recipe that can be served on lettuce leave or even croissants. You can also present it in a fancy manner by lining a platter with red leaf lettuce and topping it off with cream puff shells which have been stuffed with this delicious salad. Large shells can be used for a main dish and smaller ones can serve as appetizers.
Preparation Time: Approximately 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Ready in: 25 Minutes (can vary)
Servings: – 8
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast halves – 5.
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup.
- Chutney – ¾ cup.
- Curry powder – 1 teaspoon.
- Pepper – ¼ teaspoon.
- Chopped pecans – 2/3 cup.
- Halved, seedless grapes – 1 cup.
- Chopped onions – ½ cup.
- Take a large saucepan. For about 7 to 11 minutes, simmer the chicken breasts in the water, or till they are cooked all the way through. Drain the pieces, cool and tear each piece into several smaller sized pieces with the help of a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder, chutney and the pepper. In this mixture, stir in the pecan, grapes, onions and the chicken pieces.
- Serve chilled.